Sunday, December 16, 2007

Vegetarian Chili

Its been getting really cold here in Knoxville,TN. I a have been hearing and reading so much about chili that I finally decided to give it a try.And to my husbands' utter horror I decided to make a vegetarian one. All the way along during the preperation he kept telling me that I should change my mind and add Turkey or at least Chicken. But had I not tried this he wouldn't have realized that vegetables do exist and they taste good too. This was an easy recipe full on taste and amazing flavors coming from each of the ingredients.



This time I decided to take pictures of the procedure too they aren't many.Here's the ingredients u'll need.

Ingredients:

3/4 cup of minced soy.
1 28 0z can of diced tomatoes.( I used Hunt's chili tomato)
3/4 cup Green bell peppers
3/4 cup Red bell peppers
3/4 cup yellow bell peppers.
1/2 cup corn
1 whole onion chopped
4 cloves garlic chopped
2 jalapenos chopped
3/4 cup black beans
3/4 cup red kidney beans.
1 tbsp cumin powder
1 tbsp garlic powder
3 tsp chili powder
1 tsp cocoa powder
EVOO
salt and pepper.

Preparation:

Firstly add some EVOO in a pot and fry and break the mince soy till it nice and brown.




keep aside.add some more oil and the onions, garlic and jalapenos.Add some salt and pepper to season the first layer of the dish.Fry till nice and soft.Follow this by adding the peppers .



After about 2 minutes add cumin powder, chilli powder mix and then add the tomatoes. Give it a good stir and then add cocoa powder this adds a good texture and color.Now add the remaining ingredients i.e corn, beans,mince soy.Adjust seasoning.





Cover and cook the chili for about 30 minutes. Serve hot with a dollop of sour cream, cheddar cheese, cilantro and chips.

Enjoy...Happy Eating!!!

1 comment:

Indian Food Rocks said...

Sanjana, A very Happy New Year to you and yours! I hope 2008 brings you a lot of joy and happiness along with some neat surprises!