Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Chicken Kebabs!

Hello everybody...I know its been a really long time since I have last posted. I have been vacationing in India and I am having a fantastic time with family and friends.
I have been eating and socializing to my hearts content and will continue to do so in the months to come. I am currently pursuing a summer internship in Mumbai related to the Graduate program I'll be pursuing from this fall.

Well now on the food aspect I am serving yummy food to my brother who is my best food companion in the world.

I have been trying and making him many recipes and he seems to be enjoying all of them.Yesterday I made these yummy chicken Kebabs which I eventually modified and wrapped in a thin Roomali roti[ roomali roti is a form of Indian flat bread extremely thin] However it can be rolled and eaten on a tortilla too.I got this idea from Roni's Sausage and pepper skewers.

Ingredients:

5 chicken sausages
1/2 cup red bell pepper cut into 1"squares
1/2 cup green bell pepper cut into 1"squares
1/2 cup yellow bell pepper cut into 1"squares
1/2 cup onions cut into 1"squares.

Marinade:

2 tbsp EVOO
2 tbsp vinegar
1 tsp red pepper flakes
1 clove garlic finely chopped
1 tsp cumin powder
Salt and pepper to taste.



Mix and divide the marinade into two parts. First part for marination and second part for brushing when frying.

Lightly pre-cook the sausage before marinating and keep aside . Mix all the veggies and chicken with the marinade and keep aside for 10 minutes.


Arrange these on skewers and brush them with the marinade, Heat the grill with Non stick cooking spray and cook these for about 5 minutes, moving the skewers from time to time



Picture where the kebab is wrapped in the roomali roti and the grilled.



Happy eating.

No comments: