Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Southwestern Chicken Burgers.

I was so bored to make myself lunch today as husband is away, I thought I would probably avoid cooking. However when hunger took a toll on me I stepped towards the kitchen and it was relieving to see pre-cut peppers and ground chicken in the refrigerator.I finally tried these burgers and was so happy I made them…Obviously husband missed it heheh…they were yummy.



4 oz ground chicken
¼ cup green and red peppers chopped
2 tbsp chopped red onion
1/4 cup dry instant oats.
1 scallion chopped
Cilantro chopped
½ tsp garlic powder
½ tsp cumin powder
¼ tsp dry coriander powder
salt and pepper
Non stick spray



Mix all the ingredients together its just that simple and fry them in a pan over medium heat coated with non stick spray. Cook for about 3-4 minutes on each side.




I had no whole wheat burger buns, but I cut the whole wheat bread I had into circles and had it with some multigrain chips. Real treat!!! Yay...

Makes 2 burgers

Per burger
Nutritional information: Calories- 99 Carbohydrates-5.5 g Fiber- 1 g Fat- 4.5 g Protein-9 g

No comments: