Monday, March 3, 2008

Zucchini cakes

I have been roaming around the blogosphere a lot these days and have found some really cool and interesting sites and blogs. I came across this grrrrrreat recipe on Roni’s site. She used Spaghetti squash to make these cakes. When I read the recipe I was so excited to make it, but alas my Squash decide to spoil on one corner today. I peeped into my refrigerator and decided to experiment these with the Zucchini’s. Here is Roni’s Spaghetti squash cake.



Ingredients:



2 Zucchinis shredded yields 1 ½ cup
2 egg whites
¼ cup whole-wheat flour.
¼ cup Red and green bell peppers chopped
¼ cup onion chopped
1 clove garlic chopped
¼ cup shredded carrot
1 tbsp chopped cilantro
Salt & pepper to taste
Non-stick cooking spray


Preparation:


Shred Zucchinis and press out as much water as possible. Mix egg whites and Flour thoroughly and keep aside. Mix the Zucchini with the other ingredients and the flour+ egg mixture.



Form into cakes and Fry them in a pan heating with non-stick spray.



Makes 8 cakes.

Per Cake:

Calories: 27
Carbs: 5
Fiber: 1
Fat: Trace
Protein: 1.75

No comments: