Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Sweet delight!!!

 



Yeah I know this is my second post of the day, but you ought to understand that I am a new blogger and superexcited about it. Anyways I thought I should start my recipe submission with something sweet. I owe the success of this recipe to my mom who is a naturally awesome cook. This dish is called Rasmalai.ooooh my mouth is already watering. My husband is a real fan of this dish and I love making this for family.Rasmalai is made from Rasgulla and saffron flavored milk.The sweet and delicious balls of Indian cottage cheese or paneer which are made from whole milk or cow milk are immersed in a sugary syrup and served as a sweet dish in India.However this dish is primarily native to the eastern parts of India.
The rasgullas can be made at home, but to keep things simple I get them from the store ready made.

Ingredients:

1 can of rasgullas
1 liter or approximately 1/2 quart of whole milk.
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup Mixed nuts
2 Tbsp Pistachios sliced
A pinch of saffron

Preparation:

Open the can of Rasgullas and squeeze them to remove the excess syrup and keep aside.
To prepare the flavored milk boil the whole milk and then simmer down for about 15 minute till starts to thicken slightly.We do not want it too thick.Soak some saffron in warm water for about 5 minutes and pour this liquid in the milk to get the magical yellow color. Add sugar and the nuts mix. Finally add the rasgullas and chill for about an hour and serve!!!

Try this recipe at home for your loved ones and you sure will not be dissappointed!!

Happy Eating!!

No comments: